It’s that time when a lot of people I know are beginning to decide on travel plans for the year. Airfares to Europe have dropped and the euro is low, so this is a perfect time to make plans for your Italy trip. As an experienced traveler who loves Italy, I have to share with you a post which just may help you make that decision.
Reposted in part from Postcardz from Victoria. For the full post with all of Victoria’s enticing photos, please visit the original post, Solo but NOT Alone!
Solo Travel: Take another look…
How many of you REALLY want to travel but…you don’t have a friend that can go with you or wants to go where you want to go? Or, you have a partner or spouse that would rather do something else? But the thought of traveling “alone” scares you? I have some ideas!
Is it possible to travel solo in a small group and enjoy all of the benefits of independent travel? You bet!!!
Traveling in a small group can be the best of all travel experiences, especially for the solo traveler, and here are 10 reasons why!
1. You don’t have a partner or friend to travel with but you don’t want to travel alone.
(Or your partner or friend doesn’t want to and can’t do what you want to do.)
2.You enjoy traveling with other like-minded, fun people, i.e., people who share your interests and passions BUT the idea of traveling with a huge busload of “tourists” is a turn off!
3. You’re a foodie, wine lover, and/or art and history buff and either: You have ALWAYS wanted to go to Italy or you love Italy and want to see a different region.
4. You want to do and see a lot but at a comfortable pace– you want to enjoy what you do and see! You don’t want to go on a “tour” where you are hustled on and off buses, in and out of sites and shuttled hither and yon.
5. You want an authentic experience, not a touristy one. You want to eat, drink, see and immerse in the “real” Italy like and with locals.
6. You want lots of personal contact and attention, i.e., you want to be pampered.
7. You don’t want to unpack, pack, move and change accommodations every few days!
8. You want an affordable, good value and NO $ surprises!
You have a vacation budget and you want to know how much it’s going to cost before you go.
9. You have always wanted to go to/back to Italy but don’t want to hassle with planning. You want to just show up and have a marvelous time.
10. You want to celebrate a milestone event (birthday? anniversary?) with friends and/or family but you don’t want to plan or host it!
These are not “tours”! They are unforgettable unique boutique experiences!
There’s still time to join us for YOUR trip of a lifetime!
Register today –
Space is Limited!
♦ Puglia Highlights! ♦
Spring Dates: May 27 – June 5, 2016
Fall Dates: October 7 – 16, 2016
♦ The Italian Riviera! ♦
♦ Tuscany! ♦
As many of you know, I enjoy solo travel but decided to join Victoria’s small group last spring in Puglia. You can read all about my experience here. I had a fantastic time and know that you will too.
What are your thoughts:? I’d love to hear your feedback, so please leave a comment.
Ciao and Grazie
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity!
This sounds like a great idea for people not quite ready to take a DIY trip. Especially if Margie endorses it!
You are right Bonnie … Perfect for those who like to travel solo but yet aren’t completely alone
What a wonderful article Margie! As one who has taken Victoria’s tour, I heartily agree that it was one of the most memorable highlights of my Italian experiences. I would take her tours any day…in a heartbeat! Victoria is simply a delight…Brava!!
Thank you Susan..It was wonderful that you were there too…I’ll never forget that trip