Colle d’Anchise, Italy – Birthplace of my Longano Grandparents

Colle d’Anchise

Here is a map of the village of Colle d’Anchise in the Molise region of Italy. My Longano grandparents were born here and I have cousins that live here now. I have placed a few pushpins on this map of some of the places that are interesting to see.

Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli

Once you click on “View larger map” you should be able to see the locations I have highlighted. Once you get to each location you can take the small yellow pegman and move him around to see more of the street view.

I notice that if you double click him he wall walk in the direction of the street he is on.

War memorial Colle d’Anchise

In the center of town in the location named Piazza Europa is an interesting memorial to the men who died in World War II from Colle d’Achise.

Chapel at the cemetery

This entry was posted in Italian lifestyle and culture, Italy Photo, Italy Travel, Italy Travel Planning, Maps, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Colle d’Anchise, Italy – Birthplace of my Longano Grandparents

1. That was a great post today. I really enjoyed reading it very much. Thanks for sharing.

If you enjoy writing visit this writing site I signed up for months ago. It’s a very trusted site, and they are looking for writers!

I recommend anyone who loves writing to go check it out!

Have a great day.

Excellent Writing Site – Writers Wanted

2. I love the flowers growing out of the wall. Beautiful!

I’m with Ruth, the flowers make the picture alive. The ancient wall and the fragility of flowers. Lovely juxtaposition and done by nature.

4. Andrea Cook says:

thanks so much for the pic’s. i feel more connected to my grandparents now that i’ve seen their village. did you get the pic i sent of your granmother from 1948 or so? andrea cook

5. Andrea Cook says:

margie, i tried to send on the internet but i guess it didn’t work. perhaps you could e-mail me your address and i’ll send it via mail. andrea

6. carmela fusca says:

every time i look at the pictures i get home sick beautiful longano is my birth place thank you carmela fusca

7. Pam says:

Hi Margie. I love your pictures! My family’s Italian last name is Colledanchise and we visited the village of Colle d’Anchise in 2010 with my two teenaged children. What an adventure! It was the first time being overseas from Canada. I’m wondering if you’d happen to know anything about the meaning of this village’s name. I know “Colle” means hill, but what/who is “Anchise”? I thought you might have come across some info. in your travels. Thanks so much! 🙂 Pam

8. abl says:

“Chapel at the cemetery” is actually Capella S. Nicola. Most of the names on the war memorial are the dead from WWI.