Travel Planning for Italy

Mt Etna in Sicily erupted again this week and if you’re keeping track, this is the 7th time this year and the 3rd time this month. One week from today I am leaving for Italy and plan to go to Mt Etna during my visit there.

Who knows when it will erupt again but I will just have to play it by ear. It would be really cool actually to see it erupting from a distance. You can be sure that I will be blogging about it.

Yes it is only a week away now and I am getting excited although I am still packing. I have been watching the weather reports trying to decide if I need clothes for warm weather or cool weather, and I guess I need both. I am trying to pack light since I remember how difficult it is to lug bags onto trains and up and down staircases.

Packing is always a challenge no matter how many times I go somewhere or for how long unless it is just a day or two. It seems I always have something to sew at the last minute too. I never can understand how people can pack for a long trip in an hour or less.

Lake Como Italy

I am really excited about going back to Lake Como again and this time I will be staying in Bellagio.

Bellagio, Italy on Lake Como

Stay tuned as I will be posting from Italy. I don’t expect to be posting so frequently while I am on the cruise ship though because the days will be busy. Eventually though I will post something along with some photos for sure.

One of the other places that I am going and really interested in returning to is the Cinque Terre.

In the Cinque Terre, Italy

I will definitely take a lot of photos and report on the progress there. It will probably be a little sad though since the last time I was there it was before the mudslides and floods of last October, so I remember it as a beautiful place. Stay tuned.

Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy

This entry was posted in Italian lifestyle and culture, Italy News, Italy Photo, Italy Travel, Italy Travel Planning and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Travel Planning for Italy

1. Florence says:

Bon Voyage Friend…I hope you have a safe journey, and an awesome vacation. I look forward to hearing all about it, seeing pictures and visiting with you on your return….

2. Cindi says:

Hi Margie,
    Wishing you happy travels from Los Angeles. I’ll be visiting soon too! I’m going to Tuscany and Rome in July. Celebrating the big 5-0! Have a wonderful time!

Cindi

Just a week to go, terrific, I look forward to my vacations by proxy. And I too am interested in how Cinque Terre has fared since the floods. I never met an Italian that was not industrious so I am sure they have shoveled out and done as much as physical labor can do. Money is in short supply throughout the Western World these days but if it can be fixed with hard work, they will fix it. And flowers are from God, they will no doubt have the rough spots carpeted over in flowers. Enjoy and keep feeding us stay at homes with dreams of how it looks on the other side of the world. Bonnie D.

4. Michelle says:

I’m so excited for you! Buon Viaggio!

5. Bonnie says:

I hate packing and I’m terrible at it. I always pack too much. Have a wonderful trip and take lots of pics to share. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6. Ishita says:

You always a knack of engaging the readers Margie. Brava!